Martin Pont, CBV
Martin is a founding partner of ap Valuations Limited. Martin has specialized in business and securities valuation, litigation support and matrimonial litigation support since 1996, including the involvement in hundreds of different matters relating to business valuations, stock option and restricted stock valuation, damages quantification, income analysis and net family property.
These assignments have varied widely in type and purpose including quantifying financial loss / damages pursuant to litigation and dispute matters including shareholder disputes, breach of contract and family law matters. Martin has appeared as an expert witness in Ontario and has served as a mediator and arbitrator in financial matters. Martin has authored numerous articles and conducted lectures for the legal and valuation communities, including:
- Contributing author to Law and Practice under the Family Law act of Ontario, Revised Edition;
- Has appeared as a panel member, specializing in family law, on “Michael Vaughan Live” (Report on Business Television);
- Assisted with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy training session at the University of Toronto, 2002, including preparation of case materials;
- Has assisted with the University of Toronto Trial Advocacy Course from 1997 to 2003, including preparation, with others, of case materials;
- Lecturer at the Technical Workshop For Business Valuators in Atlantic Canada on the valuation of holding companies and the impact of latent taxes on value February 2003; and,
- Lecturer, with Professor Stanley Laiken, on the impact of Paragraph 88.1 (d) to the valuation of corporate entities, presented at the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV), November 2002 Toronto Workshop and the joint CCRA/CICBV March 2003 Ottawa Workshop.